Saalex Solutions, Inc. is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business owned and operated by President and CEO Mr. Travis Mack.
The purpose of the Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Concern Procurement Program is to provide procuring agencies with the authority to set acquisitions aside for exclusive competition among service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns, as well as the authority to make sole source awards to service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns if certain conditions are met. (See Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) 13 C.F.R. § 125.8-125.10).
(a) A contracting officer shall consider a contract award to a SDVOSB concern on a sole source basis (see 6.302-5(b)(6)), before considering small business set-asides (see 19.203 and subpart 19.5) provided none of the exclusions of 19.1404 apply and—
(1) The contracting officer does not have a reasonable expectation that offers would be received from two or more service-disabled veteran-owned small business concerns;
(2) The anticipated award price of the contract, including options, will not exceed—
(i) $6 million for a requirement within the NAICS codes for manufacturing; or
(ii) $3.5 million for a requirement within any other NAICS code;
(3) The requirement is not currently being performed by an 8(a) participant under the provisions of subpart 19.8 or has been accepted as a requirement by SBA under subpart 19.8;
(4) The service-disabled veteran-owned small business concern has been determined to be a responsible contractor with respect to performance; and
(5) Award can be made at a fair and reasonable price.
(b) The SBA has the right to appeal the contracting officer's decision not to make a service-disabled veteran-owned small business sole source award. [69 FR 25278, May 5, 2004, as amended at 71 FR 57367, Sept. 28, 2006; 75 FR 38688, July 2, 2010; 75 FR 53133, Aug. 30, 2010; 76 FR 14568, Mar. 16, 2011; 77 FR 12933, Mar. 2, 2012]